On 8/22/06, why the lucky stiff <ruby-core / whytheluckystiff.net> wrote:
> I'd like feedback and corrections concerning this page, especially the core
> developer guidelines at the bottom of the page.  Also, if there is any language
> which is inaccurate or troubling to any of you.

First, Thanks for taking the time to put this page toghether, it gives
some great info. There is almost no information in single location
about how to get the latest version of the source or about how to
patch against it. Even RubyGarden lacks an article about it.

It might be useful if the provided a list of tags and the version they
match up with for patching (i.e. if you want to patch 1.8, use tag X.
If you want to patch against 1.9, use tag Y). I have submitted a patch
against 1.8 but I don't think I used the right version and my patch
still sits untouched on RubyForge.

Maybe even providing an example of the patching process would help?
I.e. How to check out, how to create the diff, and where to go to
submit it. Suggestions if the patch should be multiple files or single
files would help too.

Justin