shugo (Shugo Maeda) wrote:
> The superclass of a refinement module is for implementing super in refined methods.
> However, it may be better to hidden from reflection APIs.

I see, thank you for the explanation.

I'm not sure it's good to hide though, as I noticed this interesting case by seeing code like:

~~~ ruby
module R
  refine Array do
    p instance_method(:sum)
~~~

I think either `super` should be implemented differently to not rely on setting a Module's superclass,
or we leave it as it is, and have it visible with reflection APIs since anyway it behaves like there is a "superclass".

FWIW currently in TruffleRuby we do a slightly different lookup when looking for the super method of a refined method, and look at the active refinements to find the super method,
and then use an inline cache to avoid repeated lookups.

Bug #14744: Refinements modules have a superclass