Issue #14723 has been updated by noahgibbs (Noah Gibbs).

normalperson (Eric Wong) wrote:
>  So multithreaded?  Do you have any info on the amount of CPU
>  time was being used without these changes?

Highly multithreaded. Normally the CPU usage stays at nearly 100%. So I agree, this is not a great benchmark to show the benefit. The main result is that it didn't slow it down :-)

>  The variance might have something to do with the malloc and
>  settings used (arena count), especially when multithreaded.
>  (see what I wrote previously about cross-thread malloc/free).

Yeah. I'll need to run the benchmark a lot of times to be sure. It's not a large effect, if it's real.

Feature #14723: [WIP] sleepy GC