Issue #14739 has been updated by shevegen (Robert A. Heiler).

> However, it wouldn't be silly to update libcoro to make it
> compile without problems on all supported platforms.

I can't speak for matz and the ruby core team, but in the past
there were (feature-)proposals that were rejected since they
were only specific for e. g. Linux - that is, improvements
pertaining to Linux, but not other OS. I think matz wants to have
ruby be as OS-agnostic as possible; in other words to work on
as many OS as possible, too. And there are quite some people
who use ruby on windows as well, for one reason or another.

As for benchmarks, I think any noticable improvement is a
win and may fit into the "ruby 3 is 3x as fast as ruby 2.0",
but to get to that, it may be more important to verify that
the improvements could also work on windows. Even 3% would
be considerable. :)

By the way, I think there are some ruby-devs who use windows
too ... greg I think. May take a little before the issue here
is seen by them; they could probably help. (I use linux
myself so I won't be of much help.)

Feature #14739: Improve fiber yield/resume performance