Issue #14739 has been updated by ioquatix (Samuel Williams).

Okay, I found out what happened.

On macOS, you need to set

```
#include "libcoro/coro.c"
#define FIBER_USE_NATIVE 1
```

Otherwise it won't take the optimal code path. My apologies, I think as I was playing with the code I made that change but didn't commit it after I started patching it to work on Linux, since it seems on Linux that's the default.

Here is the performance improvement.

```
^_^ > ./build/bin/ruby ./fiber_benchmark.rb 10000 1000
setup time for 10000 fibers:   0.165381
execution time for 1000 messages:  14.267517

^_^ > ./build/bin/ruby ./fiber_benchmark.rb 10000 1000
setup time for 10000 fibers:   0.160629
execution time for 1000 messages:   6.307580
```

So, it's similar speed-up.

I tried to compile without libcoro, but with `#define FIBER_USE_NATIVE 1`, but it fails because `swapcontext/makecontext` is deprecated on macOS and compile fails.

Feature #14739: Improve fiber yield/resume performance