Issue #14739 has been updated by ioquatix (Samuel Williams).

I don't know how to run a full benchmark of Ruby. Can someone help me with that? It would be interesting to get a more general idea of the performance.

Feature #14739: Improve fiber yield/resume performance

* Author: ioquatix (Samuel Williams)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
I am interested to improve Fiber yield/resume performance.

I've used this library before: http://software.schmorp.de/pkg/libcoro.html and handled millions of HTTP requests using it.

I'd suggest to use that library.

As this is used in many places in Ruby (e.g. enumerable) it could be a big performance win across the board.

Here is a nice summary of what was done for RethinkDB: https://rethinkdb.com/blog/making-coroutines-fast/

Does Ruby currently reuse stacks? This is also a big performance win if it's not being done already.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/