Issue #14736 has been updated by ioquatix (Samuel Williams).

I did some preliminary test.

I don't know if there is a standard fiber benchmark/test in Ruby.

I used a simple message passing ring benchmark I found.

```
^_^ > ./build/bin/ruby ./fiber_benchmark.rb 10000 1000
setup time for 10000 fibers:   0.159232
execution time for 1000 messages:  13.581069

^_^ > ./fiber_benchmark.rb 10000 1000
setup time for 10000 fibers:   0.153677
execution time for 1000 messages:  14.630562
```

It was about 8% faster.

I feel like this is still slow. I will need to investigate further.

That being said, I would like to know if this is of interest to Ruby, otherwise I won't invest more time into it.

Feature #14736: Thread selector for flexible cooperative fiber based concurrency