If float results are required for proper comparison (and I vaguely remember
a similar `[[x, 0.0].max, 1.0].min` from pdf-writer), then force a float:
`[[x.to_f, 0.0].max, 1.0].min`.

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 10:40 AM <alex / pointlessone.org> wrote:

> Issue #14350 has been updated by cheba (Alexander Mankuta).
>

> This change afects PrawnPDF gems (I'm a maintainer).
>
> From the maths point of view it is indeed insignificant, but there are
> other areas where exact value matters. For example, in Prawn these values
> are serialized. Integer `1` is serialized to a 1-byte string `"1"` and
> Float `1.0` is serialized to 3-byte string `"1.0"`. While in the context of
> PDF there's no difference between the values we don't want to change
> generated documents. PDF is hard to inspect for changes because it's
> essentially a binary format and a relatively complex one. Most our users
> rely on binary stability of output for caching purposes and we strive to
> make the output stable.
>
> With this change we can not provide the stability between Ruby versions.
> We use it in our test suite among other things.

> Bug #14350: Strange behavior for Array.min in ruby 2.5.0
>
> * Author: artofhuman (Semyon Pupkov)
> * Assignee:
> * Target version:
> * ruby -v: 2.5.0
> * Backport: 2.3: UNKNOWN, 2.4: UNKNOWN, 2.5: UNKNOWN
> 2.4.2
>
> ~~~ ruby
> [[1, 0.0].max, 1.0].min
>
> => 1
> ~~~
>
> 2.5.0
>
> ~~~ ruby
> [[1, 0.0].max, 1.0].min
>
> => 1.0
>
> [[1, 0.0].max, 1.0]

> [1, 1.0].min
>
> => 1
> ~~~
>
> I think it`s regression for ruby 2.5.0
>

> --
> https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/

Austin Ziegler  halostatue / gmail.com  austin / halostatue.ca
http://www.halostatue.ca/  http://twitter.com/halostatue
(supressed text/html)