I need to remember why such special (additional) calculation is done, so I left this ticket.
I need to remember...

Bug #14607: Fix use of the rb_profile_frames start parameter

* Author: dylants (Dylan Thacker-Smith)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v:
rb_profile_frames was always behaving as if the value given for the start parameter was 0.

The reason for this was that it would check `if (start > 0) {` then `continue` without updating the control frame pointer or anything other than decrementing `start`.

This bug applies to all branches under normal maintenance, from ruby 2.3 to trunk.

fix-use-of-the-rb_profile_frames-start-parameter.patch (1.6 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/