Feature #14706: Atomic Integer incr/decr

* Author: mperham (Mike Perham)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
Ruby does not any thread-safe way to implement simple counters without a Mutex.  Today Ruby provides Integer#succ but this funcalls "+", making it thread-unsafe as far as I know.

I'd propose adding Integer#incr(amount=1) and Integer#reset which would use atomic operations, giving us thread-safe, high-performance counters.

~~~ ruby
counter = 0
counter.incr # => 1
counter.incr(10) # => 11