Status changed from Assigned to Rejected

Rejected.  I don't want to change the basic syntax (without major benefit). Besides that, I want to keep `<>` for future syntax extension.

Matz.

Feature #5352: How about using <> to represent Here Document?

* Author: yimutang (Joey Zhou)
* Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
* Target version: Next Major
"<<" is a frequently used method in text manipulation. Meanwhile, it's also the beginning token of a here-document.
 Sometimes it may be confusing to newbies.

Unlike Perl, in which "<>" is a very very frequently used operator to read lines from a filehandle, in Ruby, "<>" has no meaning. So I think it can be used to represent Here Document, so as to reduce the possibility of misunderstanding method "<<" and here-document token "<<". And In my opinion, <> is more clear than <<, because it looks like kind of brackets.

For example,

```
  str = <SECT1>.upcase + <SECT2>.downcase
  aaaaaa