Hi,

In message "Re: class of $1, $2 in 1.8.0"
    on 03/02/12, dblack / candle.superlink.net <dblack / candle.superlink.net> writes:

|What you're saying amounts to: if I can't think of a really great
|example of this, then anyone who does it deserves to have the core
|language shift under their feet.  Similarly, if inheriting from String
|is a bad idea, then the only reason for the change we're discussing is
|to punish people who've done it.  Somehow I don't think that's the
|whole story :-)

I'm going to punish nobody about this issue. ;-)

How about making user to choose?  For example, if "to_str" return
String, subrange object should be String, whereas "to_str" return the
receiver subrange object should belong same class as the receiver.

The default, I think, should be String (1.6 behavior).

							matz.