--=-NQNXZOwYqC24LrE0RrIv

On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 10:52 +0900, why the lucky stiff wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 06:18:28AM +0900, MenTaLguY wrote:
> > Well, I was thinking of injecting a timeout exception with
> > rb_thread_raise() ...
>=20
> Mmnnn, right right yah ok, I'll look into this then.  Maybe there's a way=
 to=20
> throw something that'll circumvent ensure.

The only way I know of to bypass it is with a call to a continuation,
since that doesn't unwind the stack in quite the normal way.
Unfortunately, you can't just toss a continuation into another thread
like you can an exception.

Maybe that will give you ideas for some interesting C hacks though...

> There are no plans for threading in a sandbox.  And, if there ever are, i=
t'll be
> for unsafe sandboxes which may not need the :timeout option.

Hmm, ok.  But can you have multiple threads eval'ing in the same sandbox
from outside at once?  Or is a sandbox a totally single-threaded show?

-mental

--=-NQNXZOwYqC24LrE0RrIv

--=-NQNXZOwYqC24LrE0RrIv--