Issue #14392 has been updated by bughit (bug hit).

this important feature discussion has been derailed by a bad description/justification

the purpose of the pipe operator is to enable sane, readable, functional chaining.  Controlling method visibility through it is not worth even mentioning.

it's fairly self evident that

`fn1 |> fn2 |> fn3 |> fn4 |> fn5`

is superior to

`fn5(fn4(fn3(fn2(fn1()))))`

the longer the chain the more so

This would not be a casual drop in for ruby, as it needs some sort of partial application syntax (using <> here), something like this

`value |> method_or_proc<1, 2>`

`method_or_proc<1, 2>` would produce (pseudocode since proc invocation uses different syntax) `->arg{method_or_proc(arg, 1, 2)}`

`method_or_proc<1, 2, _>` would produce `->arg{method_or_proc(1, 2, arg)}`

you could get fancier

`method_or_proc<1, *, 2>` => `->*args{method_or_proc(1, *args, 2)}`

there's little doubt that this feature would make functional style a lot more pleasant in ruby

Feature #14392: Pipe operator