Issue #14473 has been updated by owst (Owen Stephens).

Are there any further thoughts on my latest patch? Based on the discussion above, I think I should rename the added methods: `s/set/range/` and perhaps also prevent the "bad performance" cases where either range has `exclude_end?` true and `linear_object_p` false?

Feature #14473: Add Range#subrange?

* Author: greggzst (Grzegorz Jakubiak)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
Hi there,

I'd like to propose a method that returns true when a range that the method gets called on is a subrange of a range passed in as an argument.

Example:

~~~ ruby
(2..4).subrange?(1...4)
=> true
(-2..2).subrange?(-1..3)
=> false
~~~

0001-range.c-add-subset-superset-methods.patch (8.84 KB)
v2-0001-range.c-add-subset-superset-methods.patch (8.85 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/