Issue #14579 has been updated by shugo (Shugo Maeda).

Eregon (Benoit Daloze) wrote:
> I'd prefer a syntax which is different than "key syntax without value", and refers to the variable name used for the value more clearly, like:
>
> ~~~ruby
> x = 1
> y = 2
> h = {x, y}
> ~~~

I proposed the above syntax in #11105, but it was rejected, and this proposal is alternative.

Feature #14579: Hash value omission

* Author: shugo (Shugo Maeda)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
How about to allow value omission in Hash literals:

```ruby
x = 1
y = 2
h = {x:, y:}
p h #=> {:x=>1, :y=>2}
```

And in keyword arguments:

```ruby
def login(username: ENV["USER"], password:)
  p(username:, password:)
end

login(password: "xxx") #=> {:username=>"shugo", :password=>"xxx"}
```

hash_value_omission.diff (619 Bytes)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/