Soilent (Konstantin x) wrote:
> Consider another example `hash.store(:time) { |ts| Time.parse(ts) }`

That looks weird to me.
Either the Hash is caching String to Time, and then it should use

~~~ruby
Hash.new { |h,k| h[k] = Time.parse(k) }
~~~

or it contains other data and then there seems to be little reason to first store a String for key :time and then only later parse it to a Time instance.

Feature #14580: Hash#store accepts a block