Issue #14588 has been updated by Anon92929 (Anon Ymous).

Codebases that become more fragile over time will lose old users and fail to attract new ones. Passing asserts up and out of scope in new and fantastic new ways should be considered a BUG. These math libraries need to stay quiet and just warn about NaN or whatever, when they fail.

Bug #14588: math library functions should NOT raise exceptions

* Author: Anon92929 (Anon Ymous)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v:
BigDecimal, Integer, Float, none of these should raise exceptions, but they should all fail SILENTLY or return NaN during error cases.

I shouldn't have to go fix every possible way that BigDecimal might throw a breaking change in a thousand places in my codebase. I need math libraries that DON'T BREAK!!!

BUG RESUBMITTED.

The bug was rejected at github because I was referred to open a ticket at ruby-lang.org.

The bug was rejectet at ruby-lang.org because the ticket was closed at github.

Not cool, guys.