Issue #14588 has been updated by shan (Shannon Skipper).

What Github issue and bugs.ruby-lang.org issue are you referring to?

> We REFUSE to attempt .to_s automatically

It seems you're wanting Ruby to be weakly typed. Ruby is strongly typed and is likely to stay that way.

> "." is not technically a number

Did you think a period was a number? I'm confused what you mean by this. Maybe a link to the issues you're referring to will clear this up.

Bug #14588: math library functions should NOT raise exceptions