Issue #14588 has been updated by Anon92929 (Anon Ymous).

To me, passing a breaking error back up to the top level and saying "oops! we couldn't figure out what to do!" is a BUG in any program. You had one job. Cast to integer, literally, shouldn't be that hard to classify error cases here. The fact that this wasn't even recognized as a valid bug is crazy to me. I don't understand programmers anymore. Passing a breaking change up and out of scope is a BUG! What's wrong with you people!?

The fact that I was literally banned from a FOSS repo after my ticket being force-closed should be a warning bell to every programmer who contributes here.

Bug #14588: math library functions should NOT raise exceptions

* Author: Anon92929 (Anon Ymous)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v:
BigDecimal, Integer, Float, none of these should raise exceptions, but they should all fail SILENTLY or return NaN during error cases.

I shouldn't have to go fix every possible way that BigDecimal might throw a breaking change in a thousand places in my codebase. I need math libraries that DON'T BREAK!!!

BUG RESUBMITTED.

The bug was rejected at github because I was referred to open a ticket at ruby-lang.org.

The bug was rejectet at ruby-lang.org because the ticket was closed at github.

Not cool, guys.