Issue #14587 has been updated by Anon92929 (Anon Ymous).

BigDecimal maintainers have actually gotten so angry about reports of this bug that they are locking new threads about it.

They WANT my code to break, lol.

Bug #14587: math library functions should NOT raise exceptions

* Author: Anon92929 (Anon Ymous)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v:
BigDecimal, Integer, Float, none of these should raise exceptions, but they should all fail SILENTLY or return NaN during error cases.

See: https://github.com/ruby/bigdecimal/issues/95

I shouldn't have to go fix every possible way that BigDecimal might throw a breaking change in a thousand places in my codebase. I need math libraries that DON'T BREAK!!!

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/