Issue #14584 has been updated by sikachu (Prem Sichanugrist).

 I can confirm this bug exists in 2.5.0p0.

Also, it seems like the number of spaces it's removing is based on the gutter size as well (which is expected?)

~~~ ruby
# two spaces gutter, four leading spaces in literal
<<~FOO
  two#{"    four    "}
FOO
#=> "two  four    \n"

# two spaces gutter, five leading spaces in literal
<<~FOO
  two#{"     five     "}
FOO
#=> "two   five     \n"

# three spaces gutter, five leading spaces in literal
<<~FOO
   three#{"     five     "}
FOO
#=> "three  five     \n"
~~~

I don't have enough Ruby lexer knowledge to fix this, so I hope someone will be able to spare their time taking care of this бщ

Bug #14584: Squigly heredoc with interpolation that has a string literal withe spaces gets incorrect value