Feature #14580: Hash#store accepts a block

* Author: Soilent (Konstantin x)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
Given a hash

~~~ ruby
hash = { a: 2 }
~~~

I want to update a single value in the hash:

~~~ ruby
hash[:a] = hash[:a] + 42
hash[:a] #=> 44
~~~

But instead, I would like to have a method that yields the current value for a given key and associates the block result with the key (similar to Hash#update). I think that Hash#store can be extended to support a block arg.

~~~ ruby
hash.store(:a) { |val| val + 42 }
hash[:a] #=> 44
~~~

Or it can be something like this:

~~~ ruby
hash.transform_values(:a, :b) { |val| val + 42 }
hash[:a] #=> 44
~~~

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/