Issue #4824 has been updated by dsferreira (Daniel Ferreira).

 graywolf (Gray Wolf) wrote:

> Exactly, and the condition is: was this file directly executed?.

We have two different contexts:

* File context (FILE#executed?) - Was the file executed?
* Code context (`Kernel#executable?`) - Is the code executable?

I prefer to work at the code context level since we can then add other conditions to allow a code to be executable.
e.g.

```ruby
def executable?
  if __FILE__ == $0 && ARGV[1] == "foo"
end
```

Feature #4824: Provide method Kernel#executed?