For what it's worth, I think `__main__` is best, or `main?` if we're moving away from underscores for source-level metacode.

"Executable" is such an overloaded term, and "executed" is weird (isn't all code executed?);  the convention of a single "main" entry point has been around for a long time now.

Feature #4824: Provide method Kernel#executed?

* Author: lazaridis.com (Lazaridis Ilias)
* Assignee: matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto)
* Target version:
The current construct to execute main code looks not very elegant:

~~~ruby
if __FILE__ == $0
  my_main()          # call any method or execute any code
end
~~~

With a `Kernel#executed?` method, this would become more elegant:

~~~ruby
if executed?
  #do this
  #do that
  my_main()
end
~~~

or

~~~ruby
main() if executed?
~~~

This addition would not break any existent behaviour.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/