Issue #14558 has been updated by shevegen (Robert A. Heiler).

I think I understand what Goro Fuji refers to.

It sometimes takes me a while as well to adjust to the change, too.

What I found in particular hard is when it is a long backtrace AND
when the .rb file names are long and deeply branched on the local
filesystem, for example:

    /foo/bar/bla/somewhere_anywhere/really_long_path/very_long_name_of_a_file.rb

Then it becomes quite difficult for me to see where the error is
because it is overflowing on my console output. This leads to a
situation where the error reported number is on the right side,
but the error is often on the next line overflow on the left
side, which actually makes the intent of the change a bit moot
since it may take me longer than before to find the error. :D

I think the **suggestion to customize** it would be best. Then people
could use what they prefer in regards to the order style in use.

I don't mind the changed tracking order so much as such, but I think
it  really would be best if there is some way to customize it, either
at run-time, or settable at compile-time via a configure switch
or both ways (but "run-time" is probably best, as Goro Fuji showed
in his example).

Bug #14558: "Backtrace in reverse order" always upsets my brain!