Issue #14463 has been updated by isiahmeadows (Isiah Meadows).

duerst (Martin Drst) wrote:
> There is extensive discussion on this at #7636. Please check.

I presume you meant #7639...

I never found that due to probably its age and the fact it was in the other project.

I still find it very odd that it's inconsistent. The alternative to my proposal would be to make the third also error (as I presume it did previously), so it'll remain consistent across both. (Ruby isn't my primary language, so I'm still getting used to the language-level preference for dot-last.)

Feature #14463: Allow comments to precede dots in member expressions