Issue #14492 has been reported by normalperson (Eric Wong).

Feature #14492: iseq loading + caching should be in core
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/14492

* Author: normalperson (Eric Wong)
* Assignee: ko1 (Koichi Sasada)
* Target version:
```
... And not in a RubyGem like yomikomu(*)

RubyGems itself is responsible for over 100ms of startup time on my system(**),
so it would be beneficial to make it part of core and speed up rubygems (and stdlib).
$ time ruby -e exit

real    0m0.160s
user    0m0.155s
sys     0m0.004s

$ time ruby --disable=gems -e exit

real    0m0.014s
user    0m0.013s
sys     0m0.000s

(*) git clone https://github.com/ko1/yomikomu.git

(**) I admit, I am intent on continuing use of Ruby on a laptop from 2005.
     That's roughly when I started using Ruby, so any hardware which Ruby
     worked well on back then should work equally well for current and future
     versions of Ruby.

     And maybe this summer I'll dig out a 600 MHz Duron from the early 2000s :D
```

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/