Issue #14478 has been updated by sam.saffron (Sam Saffron).

> -@ should be one such exposure

Oh this is already the case, see the source:

```
/*
 * call-seq:
 *   -str  -> str (frozen)
 *
 * If the string is frozen, then return the string itself.
 *
 * If the string is not frozen, return a frozen, possibly pre-existing
 * copy of it.
 */
static VALUE
str_uminus(VALUE str)
{
    if (OBJ_FROZEN(str)) {
	return str;
    }
    else {
	return rb_fstring(str);
    }
}

```

I am proposing to change this to:

```
/*
 * call-seq:
 *   -str  -> str (frozen)
 *
 * If the string is de-duplicated, then return the string itself.
 *
 * If the string is not return a frozen, possibly pre-existing
 * copy of it.
 */
static VALUE
str_uminus(VALUE str)
{
    if (FL_TEST(str, RSTRING_FSTR)) {
	return str;
    }
    else {
	return rb_fstring(str);
    }
}
```

Feature #14478: String #uminus should de-dupe unconditionally