Eric Wong wrote:
> pragtob / gmail.com wrote:
> > issue" means, but I'm relatively certain that it's a bug in
> > Ruby we managed to reproduce it without any simplecov involved
> > purely using the coverage library:
> > https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/issues/652#issuecomment-362436552
>
> I couldn't reproduce it (using Coverage directly), but I suspect
> the following patch is a fix for more aggressive compilers:

Sorry, I think my patch was bogus (wrote it while barely awake that day :x)

However, I have a suspicion that this is related to
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/14357 and fixed by r62396 in
trunk since Coverage uses unoptimized objects as hash keys which
require rb_funcall (which allow triggering thread switches).