Issue #13581 has been updated by jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans).

landongrindheim (Landon Grindheim) wrote:
> Is `map(&Math.&(:sqrt)` viable? Perhaps it would be confused with the safe navigation operator.

No. It would break backward compatibility, as that is currently interpreted as:

~~~
Math.&(:sqrt).to_proc
~~~

That code currently works if you do:

~~~
def Math.&(x) proc{|a| a} end
~~~

Feature #13581: Syntax sugar for method reference

* Author: americodls (Americo Duarte)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
Some another programming languages (even Java, in version 8) has a cool way to refer a method as a reference.

I wrote some examples here: https://gist.github.com/americodls/20981b2864d166eee8d231904303f24b

I miss this thing in ruby.

I would thinking if is possible some like this:

~~~
roots = [1, 4, 9].map &Math.method(:sqrt)
~~~

Could be like this:

~~~
roots = [1, 4, 9].map Math->method