Bug #14418: ruby 2.5 slow regexp execution

* Author: jakub.wozny (Jakub Wony)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: 2.5
I have simple regexp that performing very slow.
~~~ ruby
"fuball "*20 =~ /^([\S\s]{1000})/i
~~~

It works fast if I remove ```\i``` flag. I figured out that is also depends on string length or on quantifier value (in this case it is ```{1000}```).
When you remove `````` form the string it also works fast.

I tested on 2.3.1, 2.4.3 and 2.5.0.

I'm not sure it is a bug or it just works that way.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/