Feature #14386: Add option to let Kernel.#system raise error instead of returning false

* Author: k0kubun (Takashi Kokubun)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
I sometimes write code like:

~~~ ruby
system('git pull origin master') || raise('Failed to execute: git pull origin master')
system('bundle check || bundle install') || raise('Failed to execute: bundle check || bundle install')
~~~

Using rake, we can simplify the above code to the following one, but there's no way to do that outside Rakefile. (Note that I just want to do the same thing as "bash -e", the error message is actually not important.)

~~~ ruby
sh 'git pull origin master'
sh 'bundle check || bundle install'
~~~

If we add the following option, we can simplify such code even when we're not on a rake task. I'm not sure whether it's a good name or not though.

~~~ ruby
system 'git pull origin master', assert_status: true
system 'bundle check || bundle install', assert_status: true
# => RuntimeError: Command failed with status (1): bundle check || bundle install
~~~

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/