Issue #14336 has been updated by Hanmac (Hans Mackowiak).

rosenfeld (Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas) wrote:

> But even if you had, that wouldn't completely fix the issue, because part of the application might use strings as keys while another part of the application might use symbols.

thats itself is the problem there

it means that the developer doesn't think about his own application enough to know if something would be a String or Symbol, or uses user input without checking which is even worse

>  There's also the problem that forces us, Ruby developers, to always look at the documentation or other's code, just to figure out whether symbols or strings are supposed to be used as hash keys.

you should always check the documentation of the code you use to check all the corner cases where something would throw an Exception

Feature #14336: Create new method String#symbol? and deprecate Symbol class