Hi all,

I am interested in using Ruby and some gems (some of them with native
extensions) for a project here at my University.

As we are doing for teaching purposes, we are going to use embedded
architectures and thus the need for cross compiling arises.

I delved into mkmf.rb lib file and as of my understanding, the generation
of makefiles uses build-time configure settings.

My question is: how to generate makefiles using mkmf (for gems) with
cross-compiler targets? Given that it is not easily possible to override
makefile (well, technically is possible, but the approach is not very
clean...) what would be the best solution for this?

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks,
Francesco Giancane
(supressed text/html)