Could you let us know where those functions are used?
It's better to get rid of them, I think.

Bug #13069: mkmf: ignore linker warnings on OpenBSD

* Author: anton (Anton Lindqvist)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: ruby 2.5.0p0 (2017-12-25 revision 61468) [x86_64-linux]
Installing gems with native extensions fails on my OpenBSD machine since
the linker emits warnings causing stderr to not be empty as expected.
The warnings are security recommendations that does not affect the
linked binary. See examples below from my mkmf.log caused by libruby:

~~~
warning: warning: strcpy() is almost always misused, please use strlcpy()
warning: warning: strcat() is almost always misused, please use strlcat()
warning: warning: sprintf() is often misused, please use snprintf()
warning: warning: vsprintf() is often misused, please use vsnprintf()
~~~

Attached is patch that checks the output for such harmless warnings. Not
sure if this exception should be allowed on all platforms, but instead
wrapped in a `RUBY_PLATFORM =~ /openbsd/` conditional or something
similar.

ruby-mkmf_openbsd.diff (880 Bytes)
mkmf.patch (4.19 KB)

--