Issue #14378 has been updated by HfCloud (Xiangyu Shi).

I'm using vs2017 and embed ruby interpreter in my game engine. In certain situation I need to use Fixnum to pass values of pointers(64-bits pointers). So ruby will use big integer to pass the pointer's values, what may cause unsatisfying performance on runtime speed.

Bug #14378: On windows, RUBY_FIXNUM_MAX of 64 bits ruby  is 32 bits

* Author: HfCloud (Xiangyu Shi)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: 2.5.0
On windows, start an IRB of a 64-bits ruby, enter these code:

~~~ruby
(1<<29).equal?(1<<29)
#=>true

(1<<30).equal?(1<<30)
#=>false
~~~

So, it is that FIXNUM of the 64-bits ruby is a 32-bits data?
But my friend try these code on linux platform and all got true(it means FIXNUM is 64bits)
Then I opened ruby/ruby.h and found this:

~~~ ruby
#define RUBY_FIXNUM_MAX (LONG_MAX>>1)
~~~

The LONG_MAX of my compiler(msvc140, vs2017) is 2147483647, and the ruby which is installed by ruby-installer also have the same problem.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/