danieldasilvaferreira / gmail.com wrote:
> I will say it again that I expect someone from the core team
> to work closely with me as a mentor. Until the day that person
> exists I will work by myself and this is a commitment.

doc/extension.rdoc should tell you what you need to know.
I don't know what your level of C experience is; but you should
know unions and integer representations well.  That's as far
as I'm willing to help you on this topic.

IMHO, the incompatibility is too big and as matz says;
I don't want Ruby to have the problems Python 2 => 3 has.
Our 1.8 => 1.9 transition was bad enough and already
lost us many users.

If you really have a problem with HashWithIndifferentAccess,
why don't you work with Rails developers to fix/discourage it in
Rails?  It may take 10 years or more to change developers'
habits, though.

Fwiw; the success and longetivity of Unix, C, Linux and git is
not because they are perfect or strive to be; but they got
"good enough" and would rather continue with their warts than
have breaking changes.  This is a stark contrast to the CADT[1]
mentality of desktop software which is willing to completely
throw out stuff and rewrite every few years.

[1] https://www.jwz.org/doc/cadt.html