Issue #14336 has been updated by rosenfeld (Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas).

> Two or three users are telling about "everybody hates", "people are confused", "WE need to fix this", and everybody else are either indifferent or "nah, nothing is broken here". Don't you think it may be a sign of misjudging the "brokenness" on your side?

You should be able to find a few more here:

https://blog.arkency.com/could-we-drop-symbols-from-ruby/

You know, not every regular Ruby user follows ruby-core list and not even all of them follow articles mentioned in the Ruby Weekly ;)

So, I'm not surprised that this is not considered a problem in the ruby-core list audience, but this shouldn't be considered a good sample for representing most Ruby programmers if you ask me.

Feature #14336: Create new method String#symbol? and deprecate Symbol class