Issue #14336 has been updated by dsferreira (Daniel Ferreira).

 zverok (Victor Shepelev) wrote:

> Ruby 1.9 Hash syntax is a blessing, and exactly because it forces to tell internal identifiers of external data.

Couldn't we use symbols as keys in ruby original hash syntax?
Couldn't we use strings as keys as well?
Couldn't we use integers as keys?
What was wrong then?
Notation? Syntax?

How can we use strings as keys with the cool notation?
How can we use integers as keys with that new cool blessing notation?
What is then the purpose of that thing then?

Feature #14336: Create new method String#symbol? and deprecate Symbol class