Issue #14336 has been updated by dsferreira (Daniel Ferreira).

 matz (Yukihiro Matsumoto) wrote:

>  But it's not wise to change Ruby because of your unfamiliarity.

This subject is really hard to discuss.

In the description I start by mentioning the other three issues already created about the subject.
And I also mention the comments previously made.

If it was just my unfamiliarity I don't think we would have a situation where so many people using ruby use things like `HashWithIndifferentAccess`.
If there is something that I don't like is to use such things.
If I was unfamiliar with ruby I would happily use it as many do.

I refuse myself to do it. But then I have to deal with that.
`HashWithIndifferentAccess` is a very big smell in the language.

This proposal now rejected was an attempt to come up with a transition path to put things in the right place.

Because if ruby community has the need to come up with such things as `HashWithIndifferentAccess` then we have a really big problem.

I still think ruby 3 is an awesome opportunity we will have to resolve such matter.
And I'm still committed to help on that.

Many Thanks

Feature #14336: Create new method String#symbol? and deprecate Symbol class