Issue #14332 has been reported by Eregon (Benoit Daloze).

Feature #14332: Module.used_refinements to list refinement modules
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/14332

* Author: Eregon (Benoit Daloze)
* Assignee: shugo (Shugo Maeda)
* Target version: 2.6
Module.used_modules was added in #7418.
But I think `Module.used_refinements` is more useful or at least complementary.

Refinements were implemented in TruffleRuby, and I found Module.used_refinements so useful that I left it there.

Instead of listing namespace modules (arguments to #using), it lists the refinement modules:

~~~ ruby
module Json
  refine Integer do
    def to_json
      to_s

  refine String do
    def to_json
      inspect

module Fact
  refine Integer do
    def fact
      self <= 1 ? 1 : self * (self-1).fact

using Json
p Module.used_modules # => [Json]
p Module.used_refinements # => [#<refinement:Integer@Json>, #<refinement:String@Json>]

using Fact
p Module.used_modules # => [Json, Fact]
p Module.used_refinements # => [#<refinement:Integer@Fact>, #<refinement:Integer@Json>, #<refinement:String@Json>]
~~~

This shows which classes are refined and by which refinement namespace.
It also shows if a class has multiple active refinements in the scope.
And, last but not least, the name of the method is contains "refinements".
I find `used_modules` hard to remember and it doesn't sound related to refinements from the name (while looking at the Module's methods).

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/