eregontp / gmail.com wrote:
> Issue #14225 has been updated by Eregon (Benoit Daloze).
>

> I think we should remove tainting as a whole along with $SAFE.

Agreed.

> Untainting automatically seems bad practice and counter-intuitive.

It wouldn't untaint the actual non-frozen string; but the frozen
copy which is auto-created when a non-frozen string is used as a
hash key.  In other words, it should become:

	h = {}
	f = 'foo'.taint
	h[f] = :bar
	h.keys[0].taint? # => false (true in <= 2.5)

	# In any version of Ruby, it'll stay:
	h.keys[0].object_id != f
	# unless f is already frozen

Anyways, I think the change to remove taint should be gradual
(like $SAFE removal) so people ahve time to adapt; and this is
one step.