Issue #14239 has been updated by shugo (Shugo Maeda).

normalperson (Eric Wong) wrote:
>  I like that idea, I've been rewriting some stuff to use
>  "File.open(filename, &:read)" instead of IO.read.
>
>  Now, can we implement these new singleton methods in
>  prelude.rb instead of writing in C? :)

Thanks for your suggestion.
I've created a new ticket #14245.

Bug #14239: warn open("|...")

* Author: akr (Akira Tanaka)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v:
Recently we found open("|...") is tend to be misused.

Many people uses this method without concerning that it can run a process.

I think it should be deprecated.

So, I propose that ruby warns open("|...").
(and remove this process invoking feature in long term)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/