>  I was wondering if it wouldn°«t be possible to use some kind of transitional flag like:

Please consider transition path for users who are using symbol and string difference like:

```
key = ...
when key
case String
case Symbol
```

How to find out such programs?

frozen-strign-literal, we can know issues by seeing `FrozenError` (and also `debug_frozen_string_literal` is supported to find out the problem).

If you (or someone) find out any good transition path, we think we can consider again.

Feature #7792: Make symbols and strings the same thing