Bug #14198: Error forwarding standard input to subprocess

* Author: betabandido (Victor Jimenez)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
* ruby -v: ruby 2.4.2p198 (2017-09-14 revision 59899) [x64-mingw32]
* Backport: 2.3: UNKNOWN, 2.4: UNKNOWN
I am developing a wrapper for Terraform (https://www.terraform.io/), which at some point during its execution, it may request user input. So, my application must forward everything typed on its stdin to the subprocess' stdin. The following solution works on Linux, but on Windows the subprocess (Terraform) seems to never receive the input.

A similar approach works for wrappers implemented in Python or Go, so I believe this may actually be a bug in Ruby itself.

The file test.rb contains the code to reproduce the issue. First, Terraform is downloaded in the working directory. Then, popen3 is used to run Terraform.

Gemfile (46 Bytes)
test.rb (1.27 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/