Issue #14112 has been updated by ana06 (Ana Maria Martinez Gomez).

ok, it is strange for me to read a documentation with different sintaxis, but it seems that it wouldn't be easy to agree on an style and that a lot of people don't have a problem with this. So, the discussion won't take us anywhere, let's close the issue then!

I think I can not close it, can I?

Feature #14112: Follow style conventions for Ruby code

* Author: ana06 (Ana Maria Martinez Gomez)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
The Ruby code in the documentation and in the tests is currently not following any style rules, which leads to long style discussions in PRs as well as making the code more complicate to read and understand.

I would really like that Ruby documentation follows [Ruby Style Guide](https://github.com/bbatsov/ruby-style-guide) or equivalently [Rubocop rules](https://github.com/bbatsov/rubocop) as they are driven by the Ruby community and it would be consistent and helpful when developing that Ruby documentation follows it as well.

This way we wouldn't need to discuss anything about style in PRs. And when copying code from the documentation you don't have to modify it afterwards.

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/