Issue #14052 has been updated by knu (Akinori MUSHA).

I'd vote for `SecureRandom.random_chars(len=16, candidate_chars)`.

Feature #14052: Introduce SecureRandom.with_chars

* Author: kyanagi (Kouhei Yanagita)
* Assignee:
* Target version:
ref. https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/10849

This request renames SecureRandom.choose to .with_chars and makes it public.
(I think it would be a better name.)

For example, when generating passwords for users,
I'd like to avoid using characters "O" and "0" (or I, l, 1, ...) because they are confusing.
SecureRandom.with_chars would be useful to do this.

securerandom-with_chars.diff (1.66 KB)

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/