Issue #14165 has been updated by MSP-Greg (Greg L).

Usaka,

> And I do not understand why changes in Ruby affect to build libffi.

I noticed that RubyGems fails on compile warnings.  Does mkmf.rb do the same?  The fiddle mkmf.log did have warnings in it (a local build).

I was just about to make a separate issue.  I'm all for making use of new Windows functionality, but...

I thought the some of the new file time functions are OS version dependent.  I don't recall if they're compile time or runtime.

Up to this point windows builds have been OS version independent (build anywhere, use anywhere), and I suspect they're compatible with at least Vista forward, maybe Win7.

Also, I don't recall seeing any of the test-all or spec tests being version dependent.  I certainly prefer that (for the time being) Ruby could continue to be built on any compatible version of Windows and the transferred and used on any other compatible version.  Likewise, any tests/specs should work, regardless of build OS version or test site version.

Any thoughts?  Thanks, Greg

Bug #14165: 61096 - support 128bit ino on Windows (if available) - MinGW Problems - compile & fiddle / libffi