Assignee set to marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune)

@marcandre can you take a look?

Feature #14151: Make Matrix#[]= public method

* Author: greggzst (Grzegorz Jakubiak)
* Assignee: marcandre (Marc-Andre Lafortune)
* Target version:
I don't even understand why this method hasn't been public since the beginning. I've come to a point when I have to create a matrix in a specific way using row and column indices and I can't use #build with a block because then indices go from the beginning of matrix whereas I have to from the center of the matrix. So what I wanted to do is to create a zero matrix and the fill it in a proper way but I can't without using #[]=. I know I can reopen class and that's what I'm doing but this just doesn't make sense. If we can change elements in an array like so using #[]= then why matrices can't use that as well?

--
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/